Thanks to those who posted their answers to the two previous questions.
I hope you had a great time thinking about your answers.
So it’s Thursday evening again, and here I am, trying to come up with the next Fave Five’s on Friday question for all of us.
Here goes the question:
Can You Remember Five (5) of Your Fondest Childhood Memories?
I hope you will take the time to pause and recall what those are… and I hope as you do, it’ll put a sweet smile on your face. ♥
1. I remember playing with my cousins (Ate Maritess, Ate Wawing, Babus, and Ivan) and my sisters’ Charina and Carla. We used to play “buy and sell” and used leaves, cigarette and candy wrappers as money;
2. I remember gathering “tanzans” or softdrink bottle caps from the nearby stores so we could use them to play “Taksi” and also to make the musical instrument for our Christmas caroling. We used stones to pound them into thin sheets and then we’d ask an older person to put them all together using a wire; Christmas was a lot of fun then!
3. My hometown didn’t have electricity back then, so during evenings, we’d gather together, all of us cousins (for we were neighbors then along Fortich Street, infront of BSC), and we’d play “bulan bulan” in the street.
4. I loved wearing grass skirts then. Uso pa kaayo ang Hawaiian dance hehehe (even now, as I write this, i can still sing Pearly Shells and The Wedding Song) ;D
5. I loved the month of June when I was a child. Why? Because it was during this month that I get new everything: a new set of uniform, a shiny pair of black shoes (I remember particularly well the brand – Gregg Shoes), socks, lots of notebooks, a thick pad paper, ball pens (Bic pa sa una ang brand), pencils, crayons, water color, eraser, pencil case, a sharpener, a ruler, and an umbrella. When my parents’ budget permitted, I also got a new school bag.
After having written all my five’s, I suddenly realized that I was actually smiling… Not bad at all, don’t you think?
So go ahead, think about your answers to this, and write on!