Here’s some practical advice to help you find your ideal Christmas.
Simplify the season and you may find that for every minute you spend here, you’ll get 10 minutes back to enjoy this holiday more fully.
- Replace some holiday decorations in your home with reminders of Jesus Christ.
- Politely decline requests that will take you away from family.
- Play more Christmas music.
- Donate gently used items to a thrift store.
- Go Christmas caroling.
- Avoid “mad rush” shopping times.
- Say thank you as often as possible.
- Schedule a night to help another person or family.
- Call someone you normally wouldn’t to wish him or her a Merry Christmas.
- Delegate some holiday preparations to children or other family members.
- Trim the gift list.
- Simplify a traditional activity.
- Find quiet time to pray.
- Write down great memories as they happen.
- Set and stick to a holiday budget.
- Forgive a grudge.