- 1 cup thick galapong
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tsps. baking powder
- 2 tbsps. melted butter
- 4 tbsps. sugar (for topping)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3 tbsps. grated cheese
To make galapong bigas:
- Soak rice in equal amounts of water overnight or a minimum of 4 hours.
- Grind the soaked rice. You may use a food processor or a meat grinder. Some wet markets sell galapong. Some also offer grinding services.
- Let stand until the next day
- In a mixing bowl, pour the galapong
- Add the sugar
- Add the baking powder, melted butter, the beaten eggs, and the coconut milk.
- Mix well.
- Pour batter into baking pan or molds lined with banana leaves.
- Cover each baking dish with a galvanized iron sheet with live embers on it. You may also Bake this in a pre-heated hot oven (375 F) until golden brown)
- When almost done, sprinkle a generous amount of grated cheese and sugar on top of each and then cover again. Continue baking until golden brown.
- Brush top of bibingka with melted butter and serve hot with grated coconut.