It’s almost Christmas time, and for Filipinos, Christmas time is best celebrated with the family with delicious food on the table.
HAMONADA is considered the Queen in any Christmas dinner table second to the King Lechon! Below is a recipe for special Filipino Fiesta Hamonada perfect for your Noche Buena feast!
- 1 to 1 1/2 kilo pork leg
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 small can pork and beans
- 1/4 cup vinegar or calamansi juice or lemon juice
- powdered black pepper
- laurel leaves or cinnamon powder
- cooking oil
How to Cook:
- Marinate pork leg in soy sauce and vinegar or calamansi for atleast 2 hours
- Set aside the marinade
- Deep fry pork leg until golden brown
- In a saucepan, place water. Transfer the deep fried pork leg and bring to a boil.
- Add the pork and beans, garlic, black pepper, laurel or cinnamon.
- Simmer the pork until tender. You may add water gradually as needed. The goal is to have just enough stock to make the sauce.
- When the meat is almost done, add the marinade and continue simmering until the sauce is thickened.
- Serve hot.
Image courtesy of homecookingrocks.com